Saturday, November 3, 2012

A Finish, A Start and Two Sign Ups.

Do you remember my last post about me trying to make a pattern for my husband's boss?  I finished it. I think it turned out pretty cute.

Here is their logo...


Here is me trying to make a cross stitch pattern....


And here is the "finished" ornament with their logo stitched on it.  

Now for my "Start"... I signed up for the Kawii Winter Wonderland countdown over at The Frosted Pumpkin. 


This week was the start of the countdown. Here is what I have stitched so far (below).  I feel like my fabric is a bit too light but I am going to press on and keep stitching. 


As for "Sign Ups".... call me crazy, but I've signed up for two things this past week. One being the Santa's Village stitch along. Country Cottage Needleworks is coming out with a cute Santa scene BOM. And Vonna  from The Twisted Stitcher has organized a SAL. I haven't bought any of my supplies for the Santa's Village yet, the pattern isn't even out yet. But the first one is coming this November... yeah. 


As for my second "Sign Up".... I signed up to be in the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap over at Flickr. I have been in this swap before and I use the mug rug I received then every day. It sets on my night stand by my bed. I rest my wine glass there at night and my coffee mug there in the morning.  

3 comments:

Barb said...

Your first designed ornament turned out great. I'm debating on that Santa village sew-along. Still not sure.

Michaelanne said...

You did a FANTASTIC job designing that ornament!! LOVE all your stitchy projects...You are definitely going to be busy keeping up with all of your groups! Looking forward to seeing your finished creations! You are off to a beautiful start..and I think the light background works well...Linen color looks great with anything!!

Angie said...

Amy -that Santa Village is so cute. I might have to try and fit that one in. I am glad you found your fabric for your Winter scene too. Your ornament is awesome! That is not an easy symbol to work with! Keep up all your beautiful work.