Friday, November 16, 2012

I Love To Document My Life

               So I found this new hobby. It's called Project Life and it is right up my alley. It really isn't new and the whole idea behind it really isn't new to me either, it is just doing something I already did/do but in a different way. Project Life is like scrape-booking, but with less stress and stuff. I never got into scrape-booking because it was too expensive and took up too much time. Cutting out, taping, gluing, stickering, etc...   If I was going to cut something, I wanted it to be fabric. :o)     I am a 'document' girl though. I document everything! You'd probably be shocked. I have 3 blogs. I have a pregnancy book for each of my children, documenting every movement, thoughts I had, weight I gained, what each person thought they'd be, every dream I had while pregnant..... I have a baby book for each child filled to the max. The pages are coming out of their baby books they are so full. I have a school book for each child, documenting every grade, a school photo the first day of school (It's pretty cool to look at my senior's book, now that she is on her last year),  every teacher they've had, their friends in that grade, and on and on and on.  I have a camping journal, I have documented every campout we've gone on.... how many hours it took to get there and back, how much money it cost, who we camped with, what we ate, what the weather was like, and on and on and on.   I am a bit obsessed really. I am also a crazy picture taking girl..... so when I saw this Project Life, I was so excited.  Somewhere I could document my whole like.... every week, in one binder. I love this idea.   So I am going to try it. Lord, help my husband!!  

Stitching this week :  I'm working on a bird house....
smaller
This is Kawii Winter Wonderland in progress.


4 comments:

Barb said...

That whole concept is very interesting!! I'm not a scrape booker either but that idea is appealing.

Julie said...

What lovely memories your children will have in years to come from their mums hard work. I'm not a scrapbooker either, i prefer needle and thread.

Michaelanne said...

I used to scrap book, but I fell off the scrap wagon!!! I hardly ever develop pics anymore...I have the blog for Zach to read, but I like the idea of actual pictures again! I may give this a try! LOVE your Kawaii cuties:)))

Emily said...

Amy, just get an acid free book, some double sided tape (acid free) and some colored pencils and start writing and drawing. You might be surprised at what you can do! This is what we do. No fuss, no junk plastered over the pages, the only costs are tape, paper and printing photos. And it's fun to look back on.