Monday, June 2, 2008

What color is Spring?

I worked on "Big Footed Bunny". He isn't finished even though he looks like it. I need to add his tail and his suspenders. He was very easy to make.

I worked on my wall hanging, "What color is Spring?" I added the purple boarder. This pattern is a "Bareroots" pattern. http://www.bareroots.com/ I got it from a quilt show 2 or 3 years ago and have been SLOWLY working on it since. The purple row or boarder is the last one though so I am close to being done.
And guess what..... the baby bird flew away and the mom lay ed 4 more eggs.
I also sewed all the blocks together on my strips n curves quilt. I am going to add a boarder, but I am trying to decide if I want to hand quilt it or machine quilt it.

8 comments:

QuiltedSimple said...

You're moving right along - love the bunny. And your spring quilt is so bright and cheerful...

Kris

Kellie said...

The What Colour is Spring quilt is lovely! Stacks of work in that one! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Some of the quilts I do are mine and others have a slight resembalance of what their designer intended them to be - I can't help myself and end up changing everything :). i look forward to 'talking' to you again.

Joyce said...

The bunny is so cute! You know, you could wait to decide about quilting strips 'n curves until we get the frame and machine set up, and then maybe you can machine quilt it all awesome incredible on the frame.... ;-) We need to plan a date to get together to do that, please remind me!

Dawn said...

Your 'what color is spring' quilt is so, so, so beautiful! The colors & embroidery are just amazing together! And your bunny is adorable. Beautiful work, Amy!

A Spoonful Of Sugar said...

Love the picture of the nest - perfect representation of spring! Your big footed bunny is super cute - love his bright trousers.

audreypawdrey said...

I love you spring quilt. I am impressed with all the embroidery and the colors! I also like the nest picture with all the eggs inside. It makes me feel like it is spring.

Anonymous said...

The bunny is cute! I like your spring quilt. Really pretty colors.

Anonymous said...

I love that quilt so much! What a great way to use lots of colour.