Friday, May 10, 2013

Promise Me

I didn't think I would be posting so soon after my last post, but I finished 'Promise Me'. I love this saying! I grew up with Winnie the Pooh and he is dear to my heart. This saying is from Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh.
 photo CSC_2118_zps1d443805.jpg
 photo CSC_2115_zpsf643ccaf.jpg I did change the colors and two things in the pattern.(no surprise there)There was a heart in the upper right hand corner and I changed it to a Bee.  photo CSC_2116_zpse2a04dac.jpg I wanted my stitchery too be more 'Winnie the Pooh' like... so I also changed the basket at the bottom to a honey pot with honey running down the sides.  photo CSC_2117_zps69c1bb4a.jpg Here is what the pattern from Lizzie * Kate looks like....  photo DSC_2113_zps0d4ba64e.jpg Here is my work/sketches trying to figure out how to stitch a bee and honey pot....  photo CSC_2119_zps65a44953.jpg So now to find a frame or take it to a framer and have them do it... I'm not sure yet. I do love it and can't wait to hang it on the wall.  photo CSC_2115_zpsf643ccaf.jpg

5 comments:

Julie said...

It looks wonderful! I love the colors you chose and the honey pot. :)

Barb said...

What a lovely piece!! I love Winnie the Pooh too and like the way you put in a honey pot!! Gret Job!

Maggie said...

Hi, I was blog hopping and come upon your blog :-)

The Lizzie Kate chart is a new one to me, i love the saying, the colours and the changes you made too...lovely!

Julie said...

It's so beautiful, such a lovely saying and your additions are beautiful.

Margaret said...

I love the changes and the colors! I love this saying and want to stitch it someday as well. Beautiful!