Saturday, March 9, 2013

Creating Art

I get ideas to create, everywhere. I love looking at other blogs. I love pinterest! Pinterest is like 'window shopping'. I made three things from pinterest just last week and one this week. Here are some things we've(my family) created in the last week...  I saw this idea in hearts last month on a blog. So I got the idea to hang shamrocks in March.  photo 4b7b7417-0a6f-4b7a-aae4-c13963ba8e40_zpseaa6324d.jpg My son & I cut them out last week and I stitched them together with the sewing machine. ~~~ The next thing I made, I got from pinterest. My sister-in-laws birthday is this month. This adorable (and easy peasy) family tree... photo 96468f88-a72a-44f6-9bdc-ae1c29130e2a_zpsd190ebae.jpg Another project I've started is with my daughter. I 'watch' a "Flickr" group called "Moly_X: Moleskine Sketchbook Exchange".  We got a Japanese accordion moleskine sketchbook and started our own exchange. We picked a theme: Creatures. She started with the first drawing.....  photo 2cfbc011-a9cc-492d-9293-e38a94a8284e_zpsfa82494a.jpg I didn't get to see it until she was done, then I had to add to the picture with my own drawing/painting and so on.  photo b60b3a13-83c2-4648-a1a7-162fe695172c_zpsd53d0e09.jpg

I added on to her picture by drawing and painting a fly on the tail of her creature and then the toad ( I love toads) on the mushroom. I use watercolors for my paints. I can't wait to see what she adds to my picture next.~~~~ I saw a 'Forest Quilt Along' on Flickr this week and joined in. I love animals and the first block for the QAL just sucked me in....  photo e5c3a4d7-f52c-462f-ab38-bd30490071d6_zps31382ba1.jpg The Flickr group can be found here. It's a paper piecing QAL, so if you love animals and want to improve your paper piecing skills.... join up... it's also free! ~~~~ And one last thing I need to share is what my husband created last week. He husband actually creates a lot every week, but it is always in the form of metal. He works in metal!! I've been begging him to make my son a hanger for his skateboards.I expected a metal hanger... but got this...  photo 5e0672c2-a75c-4ced-b27f-838bb9cb499c_zpsc700d72a.jpg A wooden one,I was very impressed!! I love it and it looks so good. ~~~

7 comments:

Barb said...

What a creative family!!!

Becky said...

What wonderfully inspiring ideas! I love the strings of shamrocks... and you already *know* how much I covet that woodpecker :)

Indianna said...

The forest group sounds good....off to take a look...thanks for the link.

Julie said...

Lots of creativeness happeing at your home.

Unknown said...

Awesome! I love that you all are so creative. I look forward to the progress of the sketchbook!

geeky Heather said...

I love the collaborative sketchbook! What a cool idea.

That woodpecker is amazing...I am in awe of anyone that quilts.

Michaelanne said...

You guys are awesome:) I LOVE the skateboard shelf!!! I had no idea you were such a talented artist! Both you and your daughter draw beautifully! Zach and I have a book that we draw in too:) I draw him a picture, and put the book under his pillow..then he sends one back to me..We are not as good at it as you and your girl!! lol!! Love this whole post Amy! Very inspiring!!!!