Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year

I found an old frame lying around our house and made it work for my Kawaii Winter Wonderland countdown from The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery. I couldn't get a great photo of it... it is much cuter in person. Picture262_zps14b9a0ea This was the first time I had worked with metallic thread and even though it is a bear to stitch with, I love the sparkle it adds to my stitchery. To make the frame work I stitched fabric scallops on the sides. Picture264_zpsfa673c8a I've finished 'Santa's House' on my 'Santa's Village' and have started on 'Poinsettia Place'. I'm stitching it on 32ct. Belfast Linen. There is a teeny tiny boo boo at the bottom of 'Santa's House' that needs to be frogged , but I'll worry about that later. Progress on Santa's Village Happy New Year to all! I'm off to stitch a little on 'Poinsettia Place'.


5 comments:

Barb said...

I love your solution to the frame problem. It looks so pretty. Santa's Village is coming along nicely!!

Dallas said...

Beautiful stitching on both of these. I look forward to seeing the final Santa's Village. It looks really cute.

Julie said...

Wonderful framed piece.
Santa's village looks splendid.
Happy new year!

Natasha said...

Oh what beautiful stitching! It looks great!

Mavi. said...

Maravilloso