Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's coming

Christmas Time Is Coming! I got my sweet advent calendar out that I made a few years ago.... Hung it on the wall and filled it will chocolate candy.

This is the advent calendar from the 'Bareroots' pattern. It is just adorable. I love it so much.



I might need to make another one day, seeing how I have two children and they will both want one for their children one day.



I've only started decorating for the Christmas season, but I had to get this hung before the first of December so it was one of the first to go up.





My little guy helped me fill it with yummy chocolates!




Have a wonderful and yummy Thanksgiving! I'll be studying for a test I have next week and hoping throwing some stitching in there in between. :o)

You can also it this pattern at Quilting Adventures!










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is BEAUTIFUL!! I just love it! I wanted to make one for this year too, but I never quite got around to it! I always decide I want to make at least 100 things the month before Christmas:) Then, the day after..I promptly lose all interest:)))You did a great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh:) PS-Here is the shortbread owl cookie reipe! SO easy..
1 C butter (softened=2 sticks
1/2 C sugar
2.5 C of flour
Mix all ingredients really well till nice dough forms..roll out to 1/4 inch thick ( There's that 1/4 in again:))
roll little balls for the eyes, stick chocolate chips in them..use an almond for the beak..I used starbursts cut in little pieces) make feather marks with fork. Bake 300 degrees 12-15 minutes..thats it:) Thanks for visiting me:)