Sunday, May 22, 2011

Mug Rugs being sent all over the World

I signed up for the Scrappy Mug Rug Swap #4 over on Flickr and the mug rugs are starting to travel the World. A Mug Rug is a tiny quilt made for your cup of tea/coffee/wine/mug/etc. It is like a big coaster. I received my mug rug yesterday and boy was I spoiled!! The partners were kept secret so I had no idea who was making my mug rug. Yesterday I found out her name is Karen and she lives in Canada! And she is wonderful! Here is the mug rug she made me. She knew I like to camp in our VW bus and that my favorite color is orange.

Here is a closer picture, she added the constellation sky so it looks like we were camping under the stars. If you look closely you can see the frayed grass for texture.


Here is what was in my whole package.... two frogs ( because I LOVE frogs and toads) they represent my two children. A sweet frog cookie cutter ( on the book in this picture). A quilt book with an 'orange story' in it. LOL Some frog fabric and a Charley Harper card.



Here is my mug rug in action setting by my bed. It looks so cute with my bus pin cushion that stays there for hand stitching in bed.


BUT WAIT... There's more.... the back of my mug rug is ORANGE! I love the back as much as I love the front. See the frog and the sweet spiders. Yes, I like spiders.

I haven't sent my mug rug yet because domestic shippers don't ship theirs until after May 23rd. The partner I ship to and I both live in the U.S. Karen shipped mine from Canada ( international) so she had to ship before May 23rd. I'll be sending mine out to my partner ( still a secret to her) in a few days, but here is the sneak peek. I can say she loves green , purple, and orange together. And she likes turtles.



I added some hand embroidered flowers and machine quilted it.



I loved this swap. The people are so sweet and the mug rugs are so little you can whip one out in no time. I'd love to have lots of the all over the house. And some in the bus.














1 comment:

audreypawdrey said...

I love the one you received! The bus is so cool, and I love the constellation fabric. Your turtle one is so cute!