Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Stitching outer space

I started with this cute drawing. A drawing my son made of outer space.

I thought is was just adorable, I had to turn it into something. I turned it into a travel pillowcase.


With cute outer space / spaceship fabric.
Here are a few closeups on the details. A meteorite and a little astronaut out side of the rocket.
This he says is Pluto and a UFO with a martian.
Here is the Earth, moon and the rocket with USA on it. I love that he put the USA on the rocket.


Here he says is Mars. And you can see the star fabric framing the stitchery. I love this fabric.
I think it would make a cute skirt. :o)
And a full shot of the whole pillow again where you can see the sweet sun.








10 comments:

Angie said...

Amy this is super cute and adorable. Its one of those "Why didn't I think of that moments!" BTW, have you seen the birdie monthly stitch/quilt along on Little Miss Shabby's blog, super super cute. I hope I can catch at the store sometime soon, it has been too long since I have been in there.

Val said...

I have several things that I am saving that I would love to do like that from my grandchildren. Of course I have to learn to embroider first. I am trying though. I love what you did. You did great!

Mary said...

Love it Amy! Such a great way to keep his artwork and enjoy it...

Jennifer Stumpf said...

what a cool idea, amy, and as usual, your stitching is wonderful!

Unknown said...

Love it Amy!! That little astronaut is hysterical!!

Jantine said...

What a great way to use a childs drawing!

blandina said...

Great job, both of you!
The pillow is terrific.

audreypawdrey said...

This is so cute! I think that is a great way to preserve those drawings and memories.

dolores said...

That is just amazing...what a great idea. I have tons...TONS of my son's drawings that I have saved since he was 3 and discovered the joys of a sketch pad...he is 21 now!

You have inspired me to try to put one of his drawings to fabric and thread!! Wow...that would be a great gift...his older sister would love to have something drawn by him too!

Jo in TAS said...

Oh this is gorgeous! You've done a fabulous job turning his artwork into stitching.