Monday, July 18, 2011

Through the Garden Gate (lots of photos)

Warning: this post is not sewing related and has lots of photos. I love this shop, Through the Garden Gate. I don't get there much, only about once every 6 months. It is in Mechanicsville, Va and has an antique store attached to it. The picture below is only about 1/4 of the store.

I went there today to get a new lawn ornament, a daisy or black eyed Susan which I didn't find, but I did find my Nana a birthday gift for September. I also found LOTS of other things I wanted to buy so much, but didn't. Look at this sweet treasure box, Oh my son would love to put his little treasures in here. $16.50





I am the type of person who usually buys what she needs and not what she wants. I just take photos of the things I want and dream about them. Here is a really cute fly swatter holder, this bad boy $18.95.





My bus loving friends will love this one. A bus bag. $54.






I don't know if you know this , but I love frogs. Here is a cute antique pull frog for $32.





My husband's uncle use to make wooden toys like this, we still have a few. I just love them. Here is a wooden WWII plane for $39.










The Singer, $325.





An old embroidery, so sweet. I don't remember the price, but it wasn't free so I didn't take it home.




There were a few old pin cushions. I collect them, but didn't take any home today.



Oh I wanted to take these home so bad. Old Mushroom mugs, a set of 4. $34. They would be so cute in my kitchen.




And these....Love them so much. The daisy glasses, set of 4, $15. I'm a daisy freak. "Daisies are the friendliest flower"~from You've Got Mail.



"Life's too short to fold fitted sheets"......so true. :o)





Sorry this post it 'everywhere'. But if you ever get a chance and / or are driving on 295 through Mechanicsville, stop by Through the Garden Gate, you'll love it.


























2 comments:

Phoebe said...

That is still one of my favorite all time movie quotes. And I love daisies, too.

Amanda said...

Oh, Agree! Agree! I loooove Through the Garden Gate!! It's truly my favorite place to go for anything vintage or antique. This was an awesome post! :)