Friday, February 6, 2009

quick step quilt WIP

I had my first class on the "quick step quilt". It is pretty neat. A lot of you have asked me to try and explain the process, but I can't. I am doing good just to sew / make it myself. The good news is that there is a pattern for it called " Quick step Quilt". By Carol Britt. Quilting Adventures, in Richmond, Va offers the class every once in awhile, that's where I am taking mine.

Here is a photo of the "in stage" process. I made tubes...


This is the front up on the design wall. I just love it. Nothing is sewn together here except the strips.
Here are some of the strips sewn together with the batting and backing on.
And here is a little photo of what the back looks like so far...
Remember this is a quilt for my 37 year old brother. :o)

7 comments:

isolada. by design said...

Good golly! That IS awesome! I just love your pattern. And the process sounds like fun. So cool!

QuiltedSimple said...

Love it - love the different color combos! Can't wait to see it finished!
Kris

audreypawdrey said...

I am so intrigued by your tube of fabric and can not figure out how that works! It is looking great!

I am Arizona; a person, not a place. said...

It looks great! I love the colors and the pattern.

Dawn said...

The colors are wonderful! And thanks for giving us a peek into your tubes of fabric....

....although, I too, can not for the life of me figure out how that works.

Unknown said...

I love that! I might have to try that myself. I want to make my mother-in-law one for Mother's day this year... I don't know if I'll have time though. Hmmm...

PS you are amazingly talented.

Carol in Sweden said...

And yet another of your projects that I like!!!!...you are so productive and creative! What a fantastic pattern this is!