Monday, November 16, 2009

Eat, sleep, sew.... Quilt Retreat

I am back from the Quilting retreat and what fun I had. I got so much sewing done. The food was wonderful, I slept great, and 2 1/2 days of sewing and quilting. I met the sweetest ladies, ( and few not so sweet, but I just stayed away from them). Here is a picture of my groups tables. We had the best view. Just gorgeous. Cheryl and Michelle from my quilting group went with me.
I'll show you some projects and progress I made on the trip. Some things I can't show because they are Christmas gifts. Here is a needle holder which will be a Christmas gift.
This is Cheryl showing off the scarf I made for my daughter, Her robotics team are called "Blue Cheese".


Me, sewing away. Having the best time.



I finished my 'Bareroots' "camping" quilt top. I LOVE how it turned out. Now I need to figure out how to quilt it. I may just stitch in the ditch....



Here is a closer picture of the embroidery, I changed 3 of the blocks. ( Sorry Barri) , she is the Bareroots lady ). We never see bears in the woods, so I changed that one to a bus. We never camp in a cabin, so I changed that one to a bus. We only camp in the VW bus. And we don't fish , so I changed that one to a lantern with bugs around it. We do use our lantern every night and have lots of bugs. :o)



I made some progress on my "Happy Camper" quilt too. I am using the 'happy camper' linen. And wonky star blocks.

I also made 2 casserole covers, this pattern is wonderful. It's by 'Among Brenda's Quilts'. And has the pattern for 2 different sizes in there. 8 X 8 and 9 X 13.






5 comments:

Cardygirl said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend...heaps of stitching done!Love all of your projects!

Jennifer said...

please bring your camping quilt to sit and stitch tomorrow night.!

Jennifer @ Stitchin' Thyme said...

What fun!! Nice to get projects done!!

QuiltedSimple said...

What fun! You got lots of projects done. I want to see the casserole covers......love that quilt top
Kris

beth said...

love both of your camping quilts! they're GREAT!!