Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Boy's Story ~~ top finished

My sick boy and his new Halloween pillowcase. He picked out the fabric and had to have spiders. He has informed me that he wants a tarantula for Christmas. He isn't getting one.


Here is the last block on my "A Boy's Story" quilt top. I love that it is a dog. We are BIG dog lovers in this house.


Here is the last embroidery for the block. So cute. Look at the cute little dog on the surf board. And falling off.

And a drum roll please..... here it is....finished! The whole quilt top.

Now to figure out the quilting. Do I quilt it myself or send it out to be quilted..... that is the question. :o)








8 comments:

Heather at Mad Rose Creations said...

i'm not sure what you should do about quilting, but i just wanted to say how much i love your quilt. being a mum to three boys this is definitely inspirational. cheers!

Cheryl said...

It's great (as I have said in other venues). And I definitely think you should quilt it. For one thing, then it's all yours. For another, if you want them to go around your embroideries, it's going to be big bucks.

Sharon (Stitches on Mars) said...

Amy,
It looks fabulous
Hugs, Sharon

Jantine said...

It is a lovely quilt. I feel you should finish this one with your own quilting, even though I do not know for sure why...

QuiltedSimple said...

Oh it is fabulous! You did a terrific job! I think YOU should quilt it - then they can't go through the embroideries, if that makes any sense:)
Kris

Anonymous said...

this is a great quilt!! i agree0 i think you should quilt it too.

marina said...

Have just come across your blog and love your Boys story quilt. I have just finished the first row. It is a project that I am happy to just plod along with. Well done with the finish.

Anonymous said...

Love this quilt - I am just about to purchase it - did you get a kit and are these the original colours? It looks brighter than the others I've seen and I like yours.
Naomi